Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shakti

inner journeys...outdoors
That line has been playing on my mind ever since I finished with the hectic but enjoyable festivities of Diwali.
Today I take you far away from the hustle-bustle of daily life, to the snow-clad mountains of Himalayas to experience Shakti.
Shakti a concept, where one can escape the noise and stress of city life to a space where the splendour of nature can be experienced in the serene landscapes and by interacting with the local people and their culture.Shakti Village Experiences~ An experience where one can walk through the remote villages of Himalayas accompanied by guides and porters, interact with the locals, stay in traditional homes that have been made more comfortable for the guests without losing it’s original charm.How can anyone not fall in love with this turqouise room?The rooms are rustic, minimalist but with bright splashes of colours.
Oh! How I'd love to have breakfast here with those shiny vessels in the background:-)
Shakti has three village walks to choose from~Kumaon Village Walk, Sikkim Village Walk and Ladakh Village walk.

So pack your bags and your mind to a land of divine beauty.

As I leave you with these breathtaking images I can only quote these lines from the movie 'Sound of Music'

"Climb every mountain, search high and low
Follow every byway, every path you know.
Climb every mountain, ford every stream,
Follow every rainbow, 'til you find your dream."

( Images from shaktihimalaya.com)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i wonder what they do with all those steel vessels. i feel like throwing out all my non stick. and getting some SS cookware.

Artnavy said...

Goregoeus- mesmerising

We went to a similar stay in Bhutan - kichu resorts

suji_wish said...

thanks for opening a beautiful destination - its a true discover India destination

Sunita Mohan said...

Mmmm... you make me feel like packing my bags and setting out right now. Some peace from noisy, polluted Mumbai is what I crave right now. And I can see myself unwinding in a turquoise room.

Veda said...

wow....steel when displayed beautifully can make such a difference to one's home! truly this place must be heaven

Kay said...

Thanks for dropping by Arch. I enjoy your blog. :) - Kavita, Indian By Design.

Vineeta said...

Oh brilliant! what an idea and what a post. Thanx for sharing this! I had seen Shakti quite some time back & now they've updated their site looks like. I will hop across. This is useful & i hope to one day experience it.

Fernanda R. Lima said...

Wow, gorgeous! Beautiful post and text...Maybe in my next time in India... ;-)

Fana Syeda said...

Well, the mountain caps look beautiful and reminded me of my visit to lake tahoe, CA.

Shalini said...

Wow! I want to go today!

Chandan said...

This place sure looks awesome... loved the basic but very creative, warm interiors..thanks for the post1

Siddhartha Joshi said...

i am so in love with it...wow if the only word that comes to my mind. would u share more information abt this? like to how go? some website and all?

btw very nice blog...

Rama Ananth said...

The interiors and the exteriors look so welcoming. No designer ideas yet so simple, beautiful and welcome.
Few years back we had been to Sikkim and really enjoyed the simple but very loving hospitality. We took some beautiful pictures of the great snow capped mountain.
Thanks for bringing back memories of those lovely days for me.