Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Freedom Tree Homestore.

Recently I interacted with someone from Freedom Tree Design. To be honest I hadn't heard of them before, so I did my research and landed on their colourful website and subsequently on their Facebook page.
I was amazed to see Freedom Tree Homestore's contemporary home decor collection of furniture, table ware, linen, accessories all made in India.
Freedom Tree range of ceramics
Poochapalam textile range...

Latika Khosla is the design director of Freedom Tree Design, a color and trend studio based in India.

Freedom Tree Homestore is her latest venture, where the focus is on creating colourful, remarkable design & print and also has designed, curated collection with quirky overtones.
The Independence Collection...
Mombaye, The City range...
Kukkiballi Textile Print...
The Independence Collection...
Aranya range...
ceramics...
Dhurries...

'The spirit is to celebrate modern India and as a vibrant design destination – it is a thumbprint against standardization. Loveable and fun products make everyday living beautiful celebrating a freedom of expression, freedom of thought and freedom of being.'

~Freedom Tree Design

What a lovely thought!

The Freedom Tree Homestore is based in Mumbai. They are also on Facebook.

(images from Freedom Tree Design)

12 comments:

Aarohi said...

I love the stuff...and really like the design sensibility displayed.

Anonymous said...

oh wow!! what gorgeous stuff!! all made in India?? amazing!! Love the colous.. patters.. and the display! Lovely!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fabulous stuff!..Truly made in INDIA :)

Sudha said...

nice!! seems like a great store

Sound Horn Please said...

I recently landed at their facebook page while blog hopping too. I loved their stuff!

Unknown said...

Hi Archana, I love your blog, as the name suggests, amazing colors and so indian! Kudos to your photography that which enhances everything. Can I know which camera and lens you use please?

PreeOccupied said...

Beautiful. Thanks for introducing them to people like me. I love the names they have given to their lines.

GB said...

Love those durries!

Andhra Plate said...

Nice Collection and Lovely pictures.

Anonymous said...

Archana, do keep us posted if you find such great stores in Bangalore too! Somehow, all these lovely shops seem to be clustered in Bombay (sigh!)

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Anon~ Please go through the previous posts, there are many lovely stores in Bangalore too:-)

Heidi said...

Oh, I am so glad I came across your blog! I write a professional blog for Saffron Marigold (a fair trade maker of luxury Indian linens), and I am always looking for global design ideas, products, artisans, etc.

Your blog will be a great resource for me! :)

I look forward to reading more.