Saturday, January 30, 2010

Art from Chitra Santhe...

Tomorrow, the 31st of January, 2010 is Chitra Santhe~ Art for all.

The one-day art event organized by Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath every year on Kumara Krupa Road.
This event showcases artists, painters & sculptors from all over India and where people can pick up art at a very affordable price.

Today, I want to share with all of you the unique pieces of art bought from very talented artists during the last few years that we have been visiting Chitra Santhe.
Watercolours by M.G. Hegde from Bijapur.
Mixed Media folk art from a young artist from Shimoga.
Madhubani paintings by a folk artist. Ardha-narishwar & Goddess Kali (still waiting to be framed;-)
The two acrylic on canvas by Vishwas. M. picked up at last year's Chitra Santhe.
This is a lovely sketch made on old magazine sheets by Mr. M.U Raja

For more details on the event, do visit http://chitrasanthe.com/index.html

If you are in Bangalore tomorrow, do drop by this very colourful event:-)

(images by Arch)

11 comments:

Deepa Gopal said...

Beautiful artworks! Lucky to come across such wonderful art. Thanks for sharing it with us:)

Happy Weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm thrilled I chanced upon this blog. It's great to see Indian spaces on the blogosphere. I can tell you have a great eye :)

Note to self: Must expand own blog into design outside clothing. :)

Unknown said...

And here's to hoping I get many more tips on where to go on this blog. Cheers! :)

mermaid gallery said...

Really love those last two. Modern yet ancient folk art. marvelous!

Chandan said...

amazing colours and detail Arch, loved the mixed media work by the artist from Shimoga. The vibrant hues of your walls are the perfect backdrop for the art.

Shalini said...

Wow, I must try to visit Blr sometime in this time of the year so I can have a look too.

I really love the watercolor portrait by MG Hegde. Superb work and a superb photo too.

Aarti said...

Hey

Came upon your blog thanks to harish@blogadda.. my cousin and i were there lat eve at Chithra santhe.. beautiful stuff.. never seen so many artists... :)

Dint buy any, but was happy being there..walking down the road...

Vineeta said...

Its great to see your home- whatever the excuse :) Thanx for sharing all the art that graces your home. And I wish I were in Bangalore...

RS said...

Hi, Missed the Chitra Santhe this year too :-(
Are these stuff available at Chitrakala parishat even now?
Am setting up my new home and would like to buy some such stuff -Help me with some pointers...

etniq said...

Hi Arch,
Thanks for the bookmark, I have been visiting your blog too from time to time. It's got great content and you always keep it updated. I sometimes come here for a bit of inspiration.

Divya Shankar said...

I have been to Karnataka Chitrakal parishat many times but did not know of Chitra Shante .. thnx for sharing details abt this through this post. Will defntly visit the next year. I have a Maddhubani painting depicting the sun god and kamadhenu which I bought from a crafts fair at KCP.