Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Doorway to Heaven.

Rural India is a great inspiration for door art & vibrant colour combinations! Here are some inspirations.

This an old chettinad door restored from a demolished mansion. We loved the brass door knocker and intricately carved panels, we got it embedded in one of our living room walls.


Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh Malika, such wonderful photos. Those first three are esp lovely.

PS I am linking you:-)

Arch said...

Thanks a lot ;-)

(Mallika is my little daughter's name..;-))

Blue the Spa Girl said...

These photos are so wonderful. Keep posting all this luscious indian design! If you don't mind, I want to introduce you on my blog...I think a lot of my blog friends would adore your site.

Arch said...

blue the spa girl-
Sure thing..I'd love to share interior ideas from India.

Thanks :-))

Britt-Arnhild said...

Wow. Great colours.

I just found your blog. Will be back.

Arch said...

britt-arnhild- Thanks:)

Do drop by...

casapinka said...

Love these gorgeous colors and I'm a sucker for different doors.

Arch said...

casapinka- Thanks a lot and I love colours too!!

Zabrina said...

Gorgeous photos. I just love the colors and how it's saturated!! Eye candy!

Arch said...

zabrina- Thanks for your nice comments:-))